Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Moving For Sure

The actual move happened in stages.  Sell the house,


Pack up the house,
Load the stuff,
Ship out the car, 
Clean the house and Fly away.
We were so lucky to have this all done for us.  Since Dave was in WA and I was on my own, this was a huge plus.  The packers came and for 2 days packed up our stuff.  Wow did it seem like we have a lot of stuff.  250 boxes and 205 pieces of furniture-bikes-shovels etc.  We filled a 53 foot trailer.  
The plane ride was pretty good.  The man traveling with his one son was thinking he has a tough flight ahead until he saw me with 5 on my own.  The boys were great.  I was good too until a flight attendant from first class came back to the back where we were the last row by the bathrooms and Keaton screamed for 5 seconds.  She let me know he couldn't do that.  I said back to her,"Are you kidding?"  Did she think I was just telling him to scream so everyone around me could be annoyed?  Keaton probably let out little tantrum screams for a total of 30 seconds.  Not bad for a 5 1/2 hour  flight. She let me know that the people around us payed a lot of money for their flight and he needed to be quiet.  OK!!!  We must have gotten our tickets for free, I forgot.   Anyways-  that lady went back to first class and we were fine.  Upon exiting the plane she was sure that I heard her say,"that lady didn't say bye or thank you."  referring to me.  The other good question on the flight was," Are you headed home?"  My first response was no but then I had to think again about that.  Where is home??

2 comments:

Penny said...

Seriously! I am going to pinch Hadley the whole way home just so she will throw a fit...do you think that I will get thrown off the plane? Come on, don't they know that we are doing our best? Why do people need to be rude like that???

Shauna said...

I cannot believe the flight attendant! Did she even try to help calm him down or distract him?