
This could take forever to write about. We went to Maui for a week long get away. We farmed the kids out for a few days and then my mom and dad came for a few days. We are so glad we made it work. We have been talking about going to
Maui with Sara and Jason for 5 years. They finally were going and invited us. We are so thankful they did. What a great time.

These are a few views from the patio. We stayed in
Waielea at
Sara's dads house on the beach. Pretty much SPOILED. Thanks Sara. You could have told us we were coming to
ultimate luxury. :) We whale watched all week and saw the most breath taking things. Wish I had a better camera lens.


The trip started with a Seattle San Fransisco route. We got to SF and they asked for 2 people to bump to the next morning. We looked at each other then jumped all over it. We stayed the night in SF and arrived to Maui at noon.

We got $800 in travel vouchers on United and a first class upgrade. I never knew first class was so much better. I think I chose to not know that since we will never be
affording that.

We were a little crusty arriving in Maui but it was worth it. Oh the sun felt SO good. I have REALLY missed the sun.

We got back to the house and the fun began. We met Allison and Ken-
Sara's cousins and our new friends. The rest of the pictures are events from the trip in no order.

We enjoyed kayaking and
paddle boarding. We were able to walk right down to the beach a go. So fun.

We can't leave out breakfast at Stella. Mac nut pancakes with coconut syrup. We went there I think 3 times.



Don't forget the daily trip out for shaved ice. The best. We had so many flavors with and without
ice cream, gummy bears and
hauipia-
coconut cream on top.

Going out for Valentines dinner

Kayaking

Swimming in the bamboo forest. The water was scary. (obviously)

Thanks tourist Ken-

If you know me well, you know I don't read much. Well, this trip I actually picked up a book at the airport and I actually read it. I really
enjoyed it too. It's called A Long Way Gone. Memoirs of a boy soldier. About the war in Sierra Leone.

I love this girl. Sara is such a great friend. We took this picture for Penny. We missed you and love you.

While we were gone we got back to back phone calls about the kids. The first one was from Michele saying that Eli has
pneumonia and Trenton an ear infection. Here they are at the Dr.s office

The next day Keaton went to
Jans. She called hysterical letting me know they were headed to the ER. He had fallen and hit the toilet. He got 8 stitches.


Back to paradise.

Jason and Sara went out in the kayak one night to chase a pod of dolphins and a whale. They were so close to all of them. What a treat.






You can see we enjoyed lots of treats and lots of good food. We also had FUN shopping. I love these trips with Dave. It helps me remember how much I love him. It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day and our roles as mom and dad and forget that we have fun together.


We found a favorite sushi place for dinner.


Can you think of a better place to nap? Everyone fell asleep so I took some pictures.

Late night walk on the beach.


We went shopping in a cute town. The boys found these great donuts. So funny to walk out of a store and see this.


We saw Steve Young at the mall. Allison (who knew him) was so embarrased that we asked for a picture. We told Jason and Dave to stay back. You can see they were bummed.



One night Jason and Ken went whale chasing. We stayed up watching with binnoculars. They were SO close to three whales.



All good things must come to an end. We have like 1000 poictures from the trip so you know we had a great time. Statistically, we will be back to Maui in 3-7 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment