Friday, September 12, 2008

Plum Pickin'

In our backyard we have an Italian plum tree.  These are the kind of plums used to make prunes.  To me prunes are for old people- dried prunes and prune juice.  We have been having a lot of talk of if this is a plum or a prune tree since the guy we bought the house from said it was a prune tree.  Well Crystal has said that plums are to prunes as grapes are to raisins so there is no such thing as a prune tree.  Anyways,  we had fun picking the tree.  We had bags and bags full.  We have been giving them away to anyone who will take them.  They are really good however, the boys have said please no more plums in my lunch!!





3 comments:

Jenny said...

Loving the PJs! He is getting so big!

(bottle the juice and take it over to the local senior center! J/K)

John-Maren Goodman said...

Love the Joke from Jenny! I agree, they probably would appreciate it! To bad your not closer, I would take some! I love pruns!

RevJohnMarksCAR said...

I love itallian plums. They are actually the only plums I will eat. We used to get a ton of them from members on my mission in Idaho. I would love a seed to plant out here and see how they do!!