Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Introducing The People Mover

On Saturday we spent the whole day in Portland. We found a potential van so we made the trip to go check it out. After a three hour drive, 6 hours at the dealership and 3 hours home, we are the proud owners of a new van. The boys are SO excited. Seriously. They think it is the coolest thing ever. This makes me feel good. They actually thought the day at the dealership was fun. They got free water and played on the stairs. The whole time we were negotiating they were asking if we were going to get it. It was really cute.

The hardest part for me believe it or not was having to leave my Expedition there. We practically gave it to them. That vehicle was very good to us. We bought it in 2002. It went across the country with us and back. We called it old faithful.

And now, I drive a beast. Even when it's just me, I drive a one ton extended length Chevy Express. Woo Woo. It is white. (the only color I did not want) I feel like a fellow commercial vehicle driver. I find myself smiling as I drive it around because I think it is funny. I will feel better when it is FULL of children. We have room for 15 so anyone who wants to visit, we have room for you in our van. Life is good. We are blessed.



The best part is seeing how excited the boys are about it. How long will this last? :-)

Last night I drove it to Fred Meyer and took up more than my one parking spot. I also have been in a parking garage and I do fit. In no time at all I should be nearly qualified to drive a real bus. I have to watch for curbs. :-)

9 comments:

wendy said...

that's awesome! i loved seeing the boys filed away in there own seat.
good luck w/everything. your family is in my prayers.

Penny said...

Love it! I can't wait to take a ride in your smooth new van. Awesome!

Additionally, I can't believe that Keaton is in the Speed Racer shirt - Zach still wears his. AND, Breckin looks SO big in that close up. He looks so much older. Can't wait to see your kids (and YOU) soon!

Ellie said...

I can't believe you are going to drive that thing. I would be seriously afraid of what I was going to hit. But I'd get a lot of exercise from having to park WAY out at the end of the parking lot and walking in everywhere.

Also, I had the same thought as Penny -- Breckin looks so OLD in that picture. They are growing up!

Betsy said...

Looking good, Sierra! Nice ride!

*Monica* said...

I am dying that you are driving a van! I thought you were the girl that scorned mini-van's even. Oh well, I guess you do what you gotta do. They all look so cute in the various rows.

Emily said...

I LOVE this!!! Sad we missed you in Portland that day, but we had just arrived and family...we'll you know after not seeing them for a year. Anyways, your day seemed busy and long as was. I want to see you driving now! I love how your kids each have their own row. Fun, fun, fun!

Laura said...

i love it! my friend here has one, and my kids think it's such a treat to ride in it. i watched her kids while she was in labor with her 6th, so i had my 5 and her 5 in it. good times! i loved the looks i got when i got out of it at costco, followed by 10 kids.

Whitney said...

Can I just say you rock!

Katie said...

I had some friends in Utah who had a bunch of kids and had a huge (red) van like this. They bought a microphone that somehow worked into the speaker system so that they could talk to the kids in the back of the car from up front (and to tell stories in the car while driving on long trips). lol