Sunday, October 25, 2009

Crazy Me

So this is kind of just a post for me but you can read if you want. On Friday I had my first surgery. I went in at 9:30 am and was out by about 2pm. I LOVE hospitals. Call me crazy but I just love them. I think it stems from having babies and loving all my experiences there. This time I was having a lump removed that I have had for several years. After a mammogram 2 weeks ago I decided to have it removed. Kind of like something to check off of my "to do" list. The whole process was so smooth. The nurses were so great. I love nurses. Most of them anyways are so great. I think if I ever went back to school, that is what I would do. My good friend Whit is a nurse and I think she is just amazing and so smart. The nurse got me all prepped. She even asked if I was an athlete because my vitals were so good. I chuckled thinking about the womens volleyball game I played the night before. I also think it is the interval training that I do from Stin. Seriously 10 min magic workouts are so good for the heart. So- the anesthesiologist came in to see if I wanted any meds to calm me. I said no. I was not nervous at all. Kind of excited actually. I though the whole thing was so interesting. I was wheeled into the operating room. It was so bright in there and so clean. I got something in my IV and the next thing I remember was hearing the surgeon and nurses chatting about movies. Funny how an operation is like second nature to them. Then I woke up just as they were done. I asked to see what was removed. Dr. Kim showed me what looked like a red and yellow medium size egg in a plastic bowl. Interesting. I wish I was a little more awake to really see it clearly. I was wheeled to recovery and had a few crackers and water and then Dave picked me up. He dropped me off in the morning. :-) On Wed I will get the pathology report. I am feeling pretty good. I actually haven't even taken one pain pill. I just think I am a good patient. I can tell I need to take it a little easy. My back hurts a bit from over compensating to protect my left side. :-0 The stitches are inside and will just dissolve I guess. Fun for me.

7 comments:

Eva McGann said...

You are definitely weird, but I love you anyway. Glad it went so well and that you aren't in too much pain. I hope the test results come back ok. Good luck on Friday!! I will be thinking of and praying for you guys.

annie said...

you are CRAZY! I hate hospitals- mostly the smell just gets to me. I'm glad your surgery went well though. :o)

Laura said...

you can have my next surgery for me, okay? i don't like the thought of being asleep while people are looking at me. the cutting bit doesn't bother me......

glad it all went well.

Penny said...

You are so funny Sierra. Only you would have surgery ONE WEEK before you leave for Africa. You are wonder woman! Hope all is well with this.

Ellie said...

You have always been the most laid back person I know, but this is taking it to a whole new level! I love that it's just part of your "to do" list before your trip -- pack suitcases, grocery shop, clean the house, have the lump removed, put the laundry away . . . Only you!!

Whitney said...

You are so cute, yes you should have been a nurse if you LOVE hospitals. Good luck tomorrow-

sara said...

This is just so you!!!You are so amazing! I am so glad it went so well!
XOXOX