
What is the best therapy a girl can get? A weekend get away with some of her most favorite people in the world. In the fall of 2007 we headed off on our "once in a lifetime'" girls trip to NYC. We had the best time. Then just a short year later, our "once in a lifetime trip" was repeated. We went back to NYC. I had moved to WA by then and Whit was still in CO. That year we decided we should start moving our now annual girls trip to different locations. Because my friends are the greatest, we planned this years trip to Seattle. We had the best time. Be prepared for lots of pictures of Sara, Shauna, Penny and I. Emily couldn't make it and at the last minute Whitney couldn't either so we were down to just the 4 of us. Just for fun too, here are the pictures stats. 2007- 35 pictures- (in my i photo library at least). 2008- 85 pictures and 2009-...346 and that is after deleting. We were over 400. With that said, I obviously picked out just some of my favorites.

Here goes. We started on Thursday at my house. Sara, Shauna and Penny were picked up in the airport shuttle. aka
Forstrom van. We went to dinner and checked out Redmond.

Friday morning I got the boys off to school and we headed off for the weekend.

We took the
Edmonds ferry on our way to Port Angeles.

We walked around Port Angeles. We even had Edward out with us. Now if you know me, you know I am not a huge reader. It actually took me 6 months- 2 business trip plane rides to read Twilight. I saw the Movie once and don't really remember it. It was fun to "act" like a Twilight fan. I was amongst them anyways. At this
lunch, Shauna was confused when we didn't split the tab 5 ways. We had a good laugh and realized Edward was not very helpful.

On our drive to Forks we stopped at
Crescent Lake. It was AMAZINGLY beautiful.


We made it to Forks and toured around this cute little city. It actually kind of reminded me of a Native Village in Alaska.

Forks HS

Chamber of Commerce

The
Cullens House

We then headed off to La Push beach. This was one of the highlights of the trip. It was so beautiful there.



Every time you see all 4 of us in the picture, you know that we just asked some random person to take our picture. After La Push, we headed back to stay the night in Port Angeles. We went to dinner at Bella
Italia. Sara ordered mushroom ravioli. You can see Edward came along. The hostess even called for party of 4 and the poster. Too funny.

Back at the hotel I had little gifts for my
BFF's. Since we were missing Canal Street, I figured I would bring the purses. I also thought we should have matching PJ's.

This is kind of an ugly pictures but shows just how hard we were laughing. So fun- and this picture is with the help of the self timer. No strangers in our room. :-)

Off to Seattle.

We drove down to the Seattle Center to of course see the Space Needle.

We had a blast seeing the city on the Ride the Duck tour. We had a great time except I had the WORST seat on the duck. Right behind the drivers tall chair.

The duck drove us through downtown then into Lake Union.


We went to dinner at Pan Africa. I got to share a taste of Ethiopia with the girls.

The next morning we were off for a day at Pikes Place.

We met up for brunch with
Pennys friend Greg and
Saras friends Chris and Jed. Interesting morning.

Pikes Place market is great. All kinds of fresh produce, flowers and of course fish.



Of course the pig.


and doughnuts.

We went to see the locks. Pretty amazing

Notice the water differential. This is where the boats come to pass from the Ocean into the Lake. The salmon were also jumping. I was obsessed with catching some pictures. I actually got some but then forgot to put them on here.

Greg took us to Kerry Park- a great view of Seattle.

For dinner we went to Ivars. Classic. Back at the hotel we laughed ourselves to sleep. We had the best time. I am so grateful for AMAZING friends. You are like my BIG sisters. ;-) (I'm the youngest. HA HA.) I am also grateful for a great husband who allows me to take these trips. LOVE YOU!! Goodnight until next year, when our game of charades will only get better.

7 comments:
look at how cute you all are! models.
Oh, I am so jealous and miss you!
Where the crap are the pictures. First I can not come and now you deny me the pictures, how can I stand it!!
Oh, I miss you girls! Fun times! Just for the record...I wouldn't have had it in my head to split lunch 5 ways, if we hadn't been obsessed with telling people "Table for FIVE."
Looks like tons of fun! So bummed I couldn't make it :(
Oh Sierra - this was so fun! Thank you so much for hosting us and for everything. Miss you so much! I'll be praying for you this week.
Best trip ever...I love you girls!
Till next year! oh take good care of Edward, Sierra :)
Post a Comment