Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day 2010

The day began with Daves alarm waking me up at 7:00. He has the most annoying alarm and he can never turn it off. Sunday strategy is that if I am ready before everyone, we can get to church on time. I took my shower and got ready just in time for my breakfast to be delivered. Dave had worked hard. Love the details.
In bed lasted about a second when Eli was trying to steal my food so I left out to the chair in the family room. Who really loves breakfast in bed? Just wondering. If you asked me my favorite breakfast, it would probably be a bowl of cereal. Smart family in me I guess. It usually takes me up and moving a bit to want to eat a big breakfast.
Love the disaster forming from the morning production.
The waffle iron has seen way better days.
Love the gifts from the kids from school. My boys still need training in how to make these gifts so much more special. Instead of handing it to me on Wednesday with a, "glad you picked us up so I didn't have to carry this all the way home," could have been Sunday morning with an I love you. :-)
Love the honestly from Gavin. If only kids realized that if they did get along all day, that would be the perfect gift. oh and maybe picked up their room. :)
Good for TRYING to be nice for a day. NO GUARANTEES.

My favorite part of Mothers day is my traditional kid pictures. I love to scrapbook something special each year about each boy individually and why I love being their mom. This year I will scrapbook what each child teaches me. Canon- contentment
Eli- patience - Again- a perfect boy an imperfect mom
Trenton- to laugh and to smile. This kid has the best smile
Keaton- to relax-chill. I am starting to be more OCD about somethings and I think my family is getting annoyed. Keaton is so relaxed and calm. (most of the time)
Breckin- grateful. The first to say thanks mom.
Caleb- attitude. This boy has the best one.
Gavin- love
I love my boys and I love being a mom. I also love my mom so much. She is my perfect mom.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I am laughing so hard at your "no guarantees" coupon. Hilarious. My boys combined their money months ago and when Eric put a dollar in my card, Jared yelled at him for it and came into my room to complain that he did it after he told him not to. So touching. :P

Eva McGann said...

I am not a big breakfast in bed fan either...I like to have breakfast made for me on mother's day, but I much prefer to eat at the kitchen table. Love the home made gifts!!

amyraye said...

loved your "lessons learning" words for each kid.

Laura said...

loved your updates on everything. love your dark hair, too.

Penny said...

Your kids are getting big - every time I see a picture it seems like they have all grown.

You look great. Cute dress!

Dave & Kami said...

You are such a cute mom with all those fun boys! They are lucky to have you! Love how you wrote what each child taught you!

The aMAYSing Family said...

No fair your kids made you a normal sized breakfast for mother's day - mine tried to feed me a HUGE breakfast - it was hilarious! I love the gifts they gave you ..super cute!