
6 MONTHS ago-- beautiful women in Ethiopia handed me two beautiful boys. I am now their mom. It is absolutely amazing. It feels like they have always been a part of our family. They have grown so much!! I continue to learn from them. I am constantly reminded or have these thoughts that are basically, to be the kind of mom that Heavenly Father would want me to be to all my boys but especially these boys. To remember that my duty is
a
custodial duty to them. To teach them and to love them and provide for them. They are not my children but Children of God!! He has trusted them to me for their time on earth. I love them so much. As I walked past my wall of 7 pictures, I had a moment in which I thought, is this what I thought my family would look like. Tomorrow it will be 14 years ago that Dave asked me to marry him. I can't really say what I thought then. I think I wanted about 4 kids. A nice even number. I am sure I wanted a girl in that mix. It's funny how our ideas change of what we want our lives to be like. Dave always reminds me that we chose all these boys one by one. I am so grateful.



5 comments:
Wow, 6 months went fast! They are so sweet.
The change in these boys is so amazing! They looked so pitiful in their first pictures and now they look healthy happy, bright-eyed and very well loved.
6 months already. Hard to believe!
Amazing! Diana Vincent told me on Saturday they are coming to see you this summer. Peter and Tanner are on the same team again. She was telling everyone at the game about you and all your boys and how amazing you are. And she's right. :-)
I love you Sierra! You are the best! Can't wait to see you again!
Post a Comment